Maximize Your Office Visit
Visiting the doctor is not at the top of most people’s list of favorite things to do. When you finally do make it to the doctor, you want to make sure to make the most of the time you spend there. Here are a few tips to maximize your visit to the doctor so that you get the most out of your precious time.
- When you call in to make your appointment, be very specific about the topics you wish to discuss with your provider. The more information you can provide upfront, the more prepared the staff will be for your visit, which will allow them to better take care of you.
- Specify if your appointment is workcomp related. Work-comp requires different paperwork than a regular appointment, so it is important to tell the scheduler if your appointment is workcomp related.
- Know your insurance. Insurance plans are daunting to read and many plans change from year to year. It is very important for you to know what your insurance does and does not cover and what you are expected to pay.
- The day of your appointment, be sure to arrive at least five minutes early to take care of any additional paper work or insurance changes. Arriving earlier, will ensure the provider stays on schedule and will get you out of your appointment faster.
- If you have multiple issues you wish to discuss with your provider, it is best to make a list and start with your top one or two priorities and make a separate appointment for any other concerns. Limiting the number of conditions you discuss with your provider at each appointment will ensure they are able to adequately address each of your concerns.