- Year began practicing:
- Year joined staff:
- Year began practicing in specialty:
Areas of Interest
Head and neck cancers, breast cancer, melanoma, colon and rectal cancers, soft tissue sarcomas
- Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, General Surgery
- Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, Immune response to radiofrequency ablation
- The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, Head and Neck Oncology
Mercy Medical Center welcomed fellowship-trained oncologic surgeon, Dr. Vincent Reid, to the Hall-Perrine Cancer Center in July 2012.
Mercy’s vision is to provide world-class cancer care with the best and brightest minds, which includes specialists dedicated specifically to fighting cancer. Dr. Reid received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and his fellowship training in oncologic surgery from The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, New York. This level of fellowship-trained surgical care is new to our community, making the highest level of cancer care available here at home.
Dr. Reid has advanced training in surgical oncology and offers a high level of expertise treating and performing surgery on a variety of cancers. He is a member of the Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO) and the American Head and Neck Society (AHNS).
Dr. Reid is a part of Hall-Perrine Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary team, which includes medical and radiation oncologists as well as other specialists including, but not limited to, anesthesiologists, gastroenterologists, pathologists, psychologists, primary care physicians, pulmonologists, radiologists and other surgeons. He will provide visionary leadership and be an integral partner in the coordination of Hall-Perrine Cancer Center’s services to offer a truly comprehensive experience for patients.
- Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO)
- The American Head and Neck Society (AHNS).
- The Society of Black Academic Surgeons (SBAS)
- The National Medical Association (NMA)
Board certified in General Surgery by the American Board Surgery