Dr. Gailushas moved to Iowa from Albuquerque, NM, where he directed a center for sinus and nasal care. His focus is on treating issues of the nose and sinus, such as sinusitis, nasal polyposis, allergies, and issues with nasal breathing, such as deviated nasal septum and rhinoplasty procedures. He also completed a fellowship in facial plastic surgery and has interests in the removal of facial lesions, repair of facial defects from skin cancers, scar revision, and repair of facial trauma. He enjoys all areas of general ENT, such as ear tubes, tonsil issues, pediatric needs, thyroid nodules, salivary glands, and other diseases within the head and neck.
Education and Training
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Wisconsin Hospital, Madison, WI, Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Washington University St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Honors, Awards, etc.
- Resident Teaching Award Otolaryngology, from the University of Wisconsin Hospital, 2012
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2007
- Board certified in Otolaryngology
- Fellowship-Trained Facial Plastic and Rhinoplasty Surgery
Dr. Gailushas enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, mountain biking, outdoor activities, cooking, and singing. He was born and raised in Helena, MT.
Visit our webpage at www.mercycare.org/ent for a full list of conditions we treat, procedures and services offered.