Scholarships and financial assistance
Mercy supports and encourages its employees to pursue their educational goals, and readily accommodates continuing education needs for employees' professional advancement.
A variety of scholarships are available to Mercy employees, including:
- The Charlie and Tina Weepie Family Nursing Student Scholarship for Mount Mercy College BSN students
- The Edith Gillespie Case BSN Nursing Student Scholarship
- The Shellie Dochterman Memorial Scholarship for surgical technician students
- The Edith Gillespie Case ADN Nursing Student Scholarship for Kirkwood Community College student
- The Jennie E. Basile Nursing Scholarship for Mount Mercy College BSN students
Mercy's tuition reimbursement program provides up to $3,000 per calendar year after 1,000 hours of service for employees at .9 FTE or higher, and up to $2,000 for employees at .5 to.8 FTE. It also covers one paid day per year for full-time RNs and $200 each year for professional/technical continuing education for full-time employees.