What can I do with a career in healthcare?
Healthcare is an industry with great opportunities and work that's meaningful and important. Whether you're a graduating student, displaced worker, or simply looking for a change, you can find your path here.
That variety also applies to the education and training options to get you started. Healthcare embraces many fields, including patient care, science, technology or support services, each offering the chance to enhance the lives of others and learn more about yourself.
Check out the possibilities at Mercy by visiting:
- Our Services: Learn more about the services Mercy provides our community.
- Open positions at Mercy: See the current positions we have available.
- Internship opportunities. Gain valuable, hands-on experience through an internship.
- Volunteer opportunities: Make a difference by volunteering at Mercy.
- Job shadow: Get a feel for what your future career at Mercy may be through a job shadow experience.
- Want to know more about support services, such as laboratory work? Find out more about Mercy's state-of-the-art clinical lab that offers blood testing, employee health screening and other comprehensive testing for patients.
- If you're curious about Behavioral Services, such as family counseling and outpatient mental health services, find out more here.
- Learn more about what Cardiopulmonary Services is all about.
- Do Surgical Services interest you? Mercy's 14 OR suites have state-of-the-art equipment for all surgical procedures, and is staffed by a diversified team of professionals. Find out more.
- Interested in nursing? Check out our Nurse Residency FAQ.
- Mercy offers an excellent nursing internship program. Full-time paid positions (with a preceptor) provide opportunities to experience nursing care at its best. It provides valuable experience and the chance to develop professional, technical and leadership skills in a team-driven, family-oriented atmosphere.
To get a sense of what salary range, benefits and other opportunities await you in health care, visit the Iowa Hospital Association's Web site http://www.ihaonline.org/ for salary information based on surveys from Iowa hospitals.