Life at Mercy
Mercy can help you start your career in a nurturing and challenging environment that provides growth, flexible scheduling, personal fulfillment and security because health care workers are in demand. Here, you can make a living and make a difference.
Part of a Family
However, a good job and great career require more than that. At Mercy, you feel like you are part of a family that's a real support system.
- Mercy has been here for more than 100 years, started by the Sisters of Mercy. The special, personal care we provide - known as the Mercy Touch - stems from the Sisters' compassion and commitment to patient-centered care.
- Today, that caring is a big part of what makes Mercy unique - for patients and employees. And it's all enhanced by the best state-of-the-art technology available.
- Mercy patients can count on well-trained, skilled professionals who take the time to explain procedures, show genuine concern for every patient and apply the latest advances in medical technology, combining compassion, respect and expertise.
- Mercy employees find encouragement and guidance from mentors, challenging work and the chance to work with some of the latest, most sophisticated technology anywhere.
- Our employees start here and stay here. Of more than 2,300 employees, 350 have been at Mercy for 20 years or longer.
Experience a career at Mercy as a student
Want a taste of life at Mercy through job shadowing? Mercy offers two separate job shadow experiences for high school students, coordinated through the Workplace Learning Connection at Kirkwood Community College:
- A two-hour job shadow in a department.
- A day-long event with three separate job shadow experiences in three departments, each lasting for one hour.
Workplace Learning Connection
Interested students should call the Workplace main office, where they'll be directed to the area they're interested in. For more information, visit Workplace Learning Connection. Interested college students should contact Mercy's Human Resources Department at (319) 398-6150.
Mercy Volunteer Department
Other one-on-one job shadow experiences are coordinated through Mercy's volunteer department. To contact them, call (319) 398-6035.