Evening classes are now available at Joslin Diabetes Center. The program is for people newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and will be held Mondays from 5-7 p.m. A physician referral is required.
Did you know there are four different group classes included in Joslin's Education Program?
- changes in the body related to diabetes
- nutrition and diabetes
- physical activity
- tools for adjusting to the diagnosis of diabetes and the ongoing recommended self-management tasks
- medications used to help manage type 2 diabetes
- identification and prevention of the acute and chronic complications of diabetes
- resources for ongoing education about living with type 2 diabetes
For scheduling or questions, please call (319) 398-6711.