Your baby is unique … your birth experience should be, too. Come see firsthand what you can expect when you meet your baby at Mercy during this open house event!
- Meet Mercy pediatricians and staff from OB offices.
- Take pregnancy-related classes:
- Infant CPR: 10-10:40 a.m.
- Breastfeeding Basics: 10:45-11:10 a.m.
- Infant CPR: 11:15-11:55 a.m.
- Prenatal Yoga: 11:30-11:55
- Breathing Techniques & Pain Control During Labor: 12-12:25 p.m.
- Meet our labor nurses and ask them your questions about delivery
- Talk to our NICU nurses about when babies need our NICU
- Get tips from our lactation consultants
- See the Birthplace's bed with Tempur-Pedic® overlay, a safer birthing experience – only available in Cedar Rapids at Mercy
- Check out the Spectra Breast Pump, the ultimate in efficiency, comfort and style – only available in Iowa at Mercy
- Taste samples from our 24-hour room service menu:
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Garlic Shrimp
- Mini Meatloaf
- Breakfast Casserole (Egg)
- Enjoy warm, fresh cookies the Birthplace serves every afternoon
- Take home a goody bag full of baby-related information and freebies (first 200 guests)
- Register for prizes, including:
- Handmade baby blankets, bibs and burp cloths
- Spectra Breast Pump
- Car Seats
- Halo® Sleep Sacks
- Halo® Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper
- Automatic Bouncer by Ingenuity
- Breastfriend pillow
- Gift certificates
- And more yet to be announced!
- Get a free massage
There’s more to The Mercy Touch
Please note: because of the high number of attendees at this event and to ensure the safety and security of our newborns, we are unable to give tours of the Birthplace and NICU during Nesting. Thank you, in advance, for understanding.
Michelle would love to give you a personalized tour at another time, though! Sign up for your personalized tour at www.mercycare.org/birthplacetour.