Survivor to Thriver is a 5k training program designed to prepare you to
run in the Especially For You® Race Against Breast Cancer.
- Training plan consists of three to four days a week of on-your-own exercise (23 weeks total)
- Program begins by increasing walking time. Jogging/running is introduced slowly in growing increments
- Meet with a trainer every two to three weeks throughout the program
- Receive weekly e-mails from your trainer with encouraging and helpful information on your training progress
- Group will meet at different area parks to try new terrain/locations
- Option to meet at the Especially for You Race to begin together and celebrate success after!
- Registration is requested and participants can join the program at any time during the program dates
- Free for any cancer patient or survivor and their caretakers
Survivor to Thriver training program begins May 1, 2013, at 5:30 p.m. for an informational meeting at Hall-Perrine Cancer Center.
Survivor to Thriver does NOT include Especially For You Race registration or fees.