Changes in the medical management of diabetes are constantly happening. Every year there are some major changes in diabetes guidelines, medications for diabetes management or advances in insulin pump therapy options. Attend this two-hour program and gain up-to-date information about the newest strategies in diabetes management, including current guidelines established by the American Diabetes Association. Learn about the newest drugs on the market for the management of Type 2 diabetes and review insulin pump mechanics. Learn how insulin pumps can be used to improve both the blood glucose control and quality of life for people living with diabetes.
- Provide an overview of diabetes, describing current guidelines for the management of the disease.
- Discuss new medication treatment options for diabetes.
- Outline the general concepts of insulin pump therapy and list the pros and cons of therapy and patient selection.
- Review the differentiating features of the five most common insulin pump systems.
- Demonstrate the use of an insulin pump system.