Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the conference is to provide participants with an update of current issues facing nurses, social workers and other health care professionals who care for cancer patients and their families
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss approaches to diagnosis and management of a variety of cancers by experts from multiple disciplines.
- Identify patients with febrile neutropenia (FN) who are at increased risk of serious complications.
- Develop a better understanding of psychological factors related to pain, function and quality of life in patients with cancer.
- Explain aspects of Integrative Medicine used in an evidence based program.
- Explore the management of en dof life situations in the Hospice setting.
- Develop a better understanding of how to approach the subject of sex and intimacy issues with oncology patients.
- Gain exposure to a variety of resources available to cancer survivors and their families.