When the Weather Stops You from Going Outside
When the weather is too hot or cold to walk outside, head to the mall, an indoor track or use a treadmill. There are always plenty of ways to get those steps in! You can also walk at Lindale Mall to earn extra incentives.
Top 10 Reasons to Walk at Lindale Mall
- Climate-controlled environment.
- Flat, dry walking surface.
- No traffic or unleashed dogs.
- Plenty of parking.
- Clean restroom facilities.
- Great place to socialize and make new friends.
- Window shop while you exercise.
- Coffee and post-walk refreshments available.
- Great incentives, such as t-shirts and water bottles available.
- Open early for walkers: 7 a.m. Monday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. on Sunday.
Register online for Steps2Health
Ready to Walk
- Set your personal goal and walk at your own pace. Begin with at least 10 to 15 minutes of walking most days of the week. The more time you spend walking, the greater the health benefits.
- Track your progress by recording your activity (minutes, steps or miles) in the Steps2Health binder at Lindale Mall Guest Services.
- Earn Incentives! You will be automatically entered into the Steps2Health monthly prize drawing when you record your activity in the Steps2Health binder. In addition, you can earn awards from Lindale Mall such as t-shirts and water bottles.
Remember: always check with your doctor before starting a walking program, especially if you are currently under care for medical conditions or have been inactive.
Mall Walker's Etiquette
For everyone's enjoyment and safety, please follow the rules of walking etiquette:
- Walk on the right; pass to the left.
- Do not walk three or more abreast.
- Keep moving at a steady pace.
- If you must stop, move to the side first.
- Do not let headsets or cell phones distract you.
- Watch out for small children and the elderly.
- If pushing a stroller, be aware of people walking around you.
- Respect mall property.