MercyCare Clinics are offering flu shots
Get vaccinated. It's Worth a Shot.
Ask your MercyCare physician or nurse how you can get your flu and pneumovax vaccine now.
Busy during your physician's office hours?
MercyCare's two urgent care centers, MercyCare North and South, provide walk-in flu shots, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. and weekends 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
MercyCare North, 5264 Council St. NE, (319) 221-8444
MercyCare South, 2815 Edgewood Rd. SW, (319) 396-9097
The urgent care centers give flu vaccines to those over the age of 8. For younger children, please visit your family physician.
Who should be immunized?
- Adults and children with chronic medical conditions, such as asthma, COPD, heart disease, weakened immune systems, or diabetes.
- Women who are pregnant during influenza season.
- Contacts and caregivers of anyone in a high-risk group.
- Children over the age of 6 months.
- Adults 50 years of age and older.
- Residents of long-term care facilities and nursing homes.
Anyone, including school-aged children, who wants to prevent the flu.