Mercy “Nesting” event offers expecting parents an afternoon of learning and fun
Mercy Medical Center is hosting "Nesting: An Event for Expecting Parents," from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., on Saturday, April 18. This open house event, at Mercy’s Lundy Pavilion, is designed to be educational, and fun, for expecting parents.
- Meet Mercy pediatricians, labor and NICU nurses, and staff from OB offices
- Take pregnancy-related classes such as prenatal yoga, prenatal breastfeeding, breathing and relaxation techniques, and infant CPR
- Learn about Mercy’s relationship with Iowa’s highest-level neonatal experts, the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital
- Find breastfeeding supplies and get tips from Mercy lactation consultants
Participants may also:
- Taste samples from Mercy’s 24-hour room service menu
- Sample the warm, fresh cookies the Birthplace serves to patients every afternoon
- Take home a goody bag full of baby-related information and freebies, while supplies last
- Get a free massage
- Register for thousands of dollars in prizes, including a Mommy Day Spa massage, facial and peel; pregnancy massage; baby gift basket; HALO™ Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper; Halo™ Sleep Sacks; and much more.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information contact Michelle Altmaier, Birthplace Program Coordinator, at (319) 398-6344.