Mercy Cedar Rapids releases 2015-2016 annual report
Mercy Medical Center has released its 2015-2016 annual report, highlighting the innovative ways the hospital and its clinics are evolving to decrease costs, improve access and enhance the quality of care provided to the community.
Several notable accomplishments from the past year include:
- Mercy was named among the Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for the fourth consecutive year.
- Mercy recognized a need and began serving caregivers through a first-in-the-state initiative − the Family Caregivers Center of Mercy.
- Mercy expanded access to ENT services with its new Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic and welcomed surgeons Shane Gailushas, MD, and Aaron Benson, MD.
- MercyCare clinics opened in Shellsburg and Central City, expanding healthcare access in outlying communities.
- Mercy achieved elite Planetree Gold designation, making it one of 78 organizations worldwide.
- Mercy opened its Bariatric Surgery Clinic under the direction of Sajida Ahad, MD, FACS.
- MercyCare Telehealth opened at Edgewood Road Hy-Vee.
- Mercy Volunteer Services received a regional Goodwill award for empowering people with disabilities.
The full report is now available online at www.mercycare.org/annual-report.