Mercy "Nesting" event offers expecting parents education, prizes and fun
Mercy Medical Center is hosting "Nesting: An Event for Expecting Parents," from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., on Saturday, April 1. This open house event, at Mercy’s Lundy Pavilion, is designed to be educational and offer expecting parents a chance to see what they can expect when they meet their baby at Mercy!
- Meet Mercy pediatricians, labor nurses and staff from OB offices
- Take pregnancy-related classes such as prenatal yoga, breastfeeding basics, breathing techniques and pain control during labor, and infant CPR
- Get tips from Mercy lactation consultants
- See the Birthplace's bed with Tempur-Pedic® overlay, a safer birthing experience – only available in Cedar Rapids at Mercy
- Check out the Spectra Breast Pump, the ultimate in efficiency, comfort and style – only available in Iowa at Mercy
Participants may also:
- Taste samples from Mercy’s 24-hour room service menu
- Sample the warm, fresh cookies the Birthplace serves to patients every afternoon
- Take home a goody bag full of baby-related information and freebies, while supplies last
- Get a free massage
- Register for great prizes, including a Spectra breast pump, car seat, bouncy seat, gift certificates, Breastfriend pillow, handmade baby blankets, HALO™ Sleep Sacks, and much more.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Michelle Altmaier, Birthplace Program Coordinator, at (319) 398-6344.