Notice Informing Individuals About Nondiscrimination and Accessibility
Mercycare Service Corporation (Mercy) and its affiliates comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Mercy does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
- If you need these services, contact Kindel Dillon, Patient Advocate, Mercy Medical Center, 701 10th Street SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52403, (319) 398-6703, email@example.com.
If you believe that Mercy has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Caroline Giddings, Corporate Compliance Officer, Mercy Medical Center, 701 10th Street SE Cedar Rapids, IA 52403, (319) 861-7994, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Caroline Giddings, Corporate Compliance Officer, and the compliance staff are available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.