Tour the Birthplace
It's one thing to read about Mercy Birthplace, but to fully appreciate what we offer you should take a personal tour.
Sign up for your tour here.
Take a Virtual Tour
On your personalized private tour, you can:
- See our spacious, private rooms in our expanded BirthSuites.
- Check out our nursery area.
- Learn about our advanced Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Get information on the classes and services that are available to you.
- Plus, meet staff members who will care for you and your baby. They make Mercy Birthplace a uniquely reassuring and rewarding place to have your child.
Preparing for your tour:
- Where to find us. Getting to the Birthplace is easy! Simply park on the the South end of Level 3 of the parking ramp at 8th Street & 8th Avenue at Mercy. Enter through the doors that say "Birthplace" and stop by the nurses station to let us know you're here.
- Bring questions. Think about what you'd like to get out of your tour – and birth – experience at Mercy.
- Ask questions! Your tour guide is well-versed in all things baby.
- Consider bringing a support person. Enjoy and share the experience with a loved one.
To show our thanks...
The tour is free, and to show our appreciation to you for taking the time to visit us, you'll have your choice of one of three gifts:
- Hardcover copy of National Geographic's In the Womb. This incredible book is based on National Geographic's highly acclaimed "In the Womb" television program.
- Free massage for Mom by a licensed massage therapist. Being pregnant can be stressful – and it can certainly put a strain on your muscles, joints and back. A great way to feel better, relax, and get rid of some of that stress and discomfort is with a deep, therapeutic massage by one of our well-trained, licensed massage therapists.
- Free baby massage and lesson. Studies show that massaging your baby is a great way to build an even stronger, closer bond with your baby. With this choice, your baby will get a soothing, relaxing massage, and you'll get an easy-to-follow lesson on how to give your baby massages at home.
Take a virtual tour
You can take a sneak peek now at our spacious suites and bathrooms.
Birth Suite Bath
If you cannot find a tour time on our online calendar that fits your schedule, or if you would like to tour within the next 48 hours, please contact Michelle Altmaier, Birthplace coordinator, at (319) 363-BABY or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time that better fits your schedule. We're happy to accommodate you!