Tour the Birthplace
It's one thing to read about Mercy Birthplace, but to fully appreciate what we offer you should take a personal tour, where you can:
See our spacious, private rooms in our expanded birth suites.
- Learn about our advanced Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Get information on the classes and services that are available to you.
- Meet staff members who will care for you and your baby.
Sign up for your personalized private tour here.
Meet Michelle, Your Personal Guide to the Birthplace
Hi, I’m Michelle!
First and foremost, congratulations on your pregnancy!
This is a special time you’ll always remember – from the first time you hear baby’s heartbeat to the first ultrasound to the birth of your tiny new baby. There will be lots of new experiences in the next few months!
Despite all of the excitement a pregnancy can bring, sometimes planning for a new baby can be overwhelming. That’s where I come in!
My job is to make your life a little easier by being your personal guide to the Birthplace during the most exciting time of your life. I can help you find the hospital resources you need to prepare for the birth of your baby. From your initial Birthplace tour and pregnancy, childbirth and newborn care classes to breastfeeding support, I will be your guide.
I’d love to meet you! Please feel free to schedule a tour online, call me at (319) 363-BABY or email me at email@example.com and let me cross a few things off of your pregnancy to-do list for you.
Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!
Michelle Altmaier & the Birthplace staff
Preparing for Your Tour
- Where to find us:
Getting to the Birthplace is easy! Simply park on the the South end of Level 3 of the parking ramp at 8th Street & 8th Avenue at Mercy. Enter through the doors that say "Birthplace" and stop by the nurses station to let us know you're here.
- Bring questions:
Think about what you'd like to get out of your tour – and birth – experience at Mercy.
- Ask questions!
Your tour guide is well-versed in all things baby.
- Consider bringing a support person.
Enjoy and share the experience with a loved one.
To Show Our Thanks
The tour is free, and to show our appreciation to you for taking the time to visit us, you'll have your choice of one of three gifts:
- 8x10" portrait by Read Photography
- Free massage for Mom by a licensed massage therapist. Being pregnant can be stressful – and it can certainly put a strain on your muscles, joints and back. A great way to feel better, relax, and get rid of some of that stress and discomfort is with a deep, therapeutic massage by one of our well-trained, licensed massage therapists.
If you cannot find a tour time on our online calendar that fits your schedule, or if you would like to tour within the next 48 hours, please contact Michelle Altmaier, Birthplace coordinator, at (319) 363-BABY or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time that better fits your schedule. We're happy to accommodate you!