Level III Trauma Center
A Level III trauma facility, Mercy Medical Center's Emergency Department is fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology to handle the most serious of healthcare emergencies.
Mercy’s Trauma Service is not confined to any single department, but rather encompasses the care of the trauma patient from pre-hospital through rehabilitation. The trauma patient will be cared for by trained personnel on all patient units.
Mercy Trauma Coordinators:
Terrence J. Funke BSN, RN, TNCC, ENPC
Ramona Zimbeck RN, BSN, TNCC
Community Resources/Injury Prevention
- Baby Safe class - Taught monthly at Mercy and is open to anyone who cares for babies, including grandparents.
- Classes & Events at Mercy and throughout the community.
- Driving Rehabilitation program – Promoting independence in the area of community mobility.
- Iowa Department of Public Health website: Mission: promoting and protecting the health of Iowans.
- Safe Kids Coalition of Linn County - Led by Cedar Rapids Fire and Police Department. Offers free car seat checks. Call (319) 310-7328 to schedule a time to attend a car seat installation event.
- Safe Sleep Task Force - Teaches monthly classes on safe sleep. Participants need to qualify to attend. Qualifications include: at least 28 weeks pregnant, Title 19 or below 200% federal poverty level and does not have a safe sleep environment. Call (319) 730-7316 to register.
- Super Sitters - American Red Cross babysitting basics class is taught several times a year at Mercy Medical Center and is designed for young people ages 11 and older who take care of children.