Employee Health Center
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I schedule an appointment?
Call (319) 398-6342. Note: 6342 corresponds with MEHC (Mercy Employee Health Center) on the telephone keypad. You will need your employee clock number to schedule appointments.
When is the center open?
7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday
What is the payment process?
Co-pays will be collected at the time of check-in using one of the three payment options: payroll deduct, credit card, debit card, cash or check.
Do I have to have my health insurance at Mercy to use the services at the EHC?
No, you may receive healthcare services at the EHC whether you have Mercy insurance or have health insurance through another provider. Your co-pay will be at the rate designated by your insurance company.
Who is qualified to seek care at EHC?
All MercyCare Clinic, Mercy Physician Services and Mercy Medical Center employees and their families (spouses and dependents) are encouraged to use services at EHC.
What are the advantages to using the EHC?
- Convenient hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Same-day appointments for illness or acute care
- Appointments may be scheduled at your convenience – before or after your shift or during a scheduled break
- Highest quality care provided through Mercy Physician Services.
- 24/7 on-call coverage
- Confidential and private – facility designed to uphold the highest level of privacy
- Electronic Medical Records – your information is shared seamlessly with your primary care provider
- Dedicated, full-time physician
What should I use the Employee Health Center for?
- Acute care (minor, short-term illness including everyday medical issues)
- Work injury triage and care (injuries that occur at the workplace)
- Employee health activities including prevention (flu shots, etc.), wellness education and more
- Primary Care – your medical home
What is at the state-of-the-art facility?
- Care suite model designed for innovative patient interaction with our care providers
- On-site laboratory
- Separate entrance and exit for patient confidentiality
Where is the Employee Health Center located?
The Employee Health Center is on Level 2 of the 8th & 8th Medical Office Building at 8th Street and 8th Avenue SE in Cedar Rapids.