Life in the House
Located at 315 18th Avenue, Hiawatha, the Dennis and Donna Oldorf Hospice House of Mercy is the first and only facility of its kind in the corridor.
Its beauty-both in regard to its mission and physical presence-is unrivaled. It is a home filled with a serene sense of peace and comfort, ready to meet the needs of patients and families facing end of life with independence and dignity.
The features of the Hospice House
- Twelve bright, comfortable, private patient rooms with access to outdoor areas
- A family-friendly atmosphere that includes room for children, pets, music and a large family kitchen
- Chapel/meditation room for all faiths overlooking the courtyard fountain
- Gathering room with fireplace
- Library for solitude and quiet reading time
- Whirlpool accessible for any patient
- Beautifully-landscaped walking paths where families can enjoy natural surroundings
- Private patios for each room
- Areas for community outreach, education and bereavement counseling