The Journey Continues...
The Hospice Memorial or Honor Gift Program
To honor or memorialize a loved one or special person in your life, two funds have been established for charitable gifts to benefit Mercy Medical Center's hospice services. Gifts of any amount can be designated to either of the Hospice of Mercy Fund or the Dennis and Donna Oldorf Hospice House Fund.
Gifts towards Hospice of Mercy support:
- Program support for Hospice of Mercy which includes hospice care in private homes, hospitals and nursing facilities
- Support groups and bereavement counseling
- Services not covered by insurance or Medicare
Gifts towards Hospice House Fund support:
- Patient care for those without ability to pay
- Future capital improvements & maintenance needs
- Additional staffing needs
Special Recognition Opportunities
Gifts totaling $1,000 or more are entitled to a commemorative brick that will be placed in the interior courtyard or walking path at the Dennis and Donna Oldorf Hospice House. Your purchase of a brick allows you to honor or memorialize a loved one, a friend, co-worker or hospice staff person. Gifts totaling $5,000 or more will be recognized on a memorial wall plaque featured at the Dennis and Donna Oldorf Hospice House.
Checks can be made to Mercy Foundation, 701 10th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA. Indicate your fund preference - either Hospice of Mercy or Hospice House.
Visit our Mercy Foundation to donate online at our secure giving site. For inquiries, please call the Mercy Foundation office at (319) 398-6206.