Find answers to your questions about your pediatrician's move to Mercy Pediatric Clinic.
Where is my doctor’s office?
Mercy Pediatric Clinic is located on Level 4, Lundy Pavilion at Mercy Medical Center, 701 10th Street SE in Cedar Rapids, IA, 52403. Please park at the south end of Level 4 in the parking ramp at 8th Street & 8th Avenue.
What are the clinic hours?
Yes, Mercy Pediatric Clinic is open:
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. to Noon
How do I transfer my child's records to Mercy Pediatric Clinic?
If you are switching to one of our providers, please follow the steps below:
- Complete the consent to transfer form.
- Send your completed consent form by fax to (319) 861-7950 or by mail to:
Mercy Pediatric Clinic
701 10th Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
- Call Mercy Pediatric Clinic at (319) 861-7900 or toll-free: 1 (844) 694-KIDS (5437) to schedule your next appointment with your doctor.
Mercy Pediatric Clinic will handle everything else!
Does Mercy accept my insurance?
Mercy participates in all major private and government insurance, including Medicaid. For additional questions about your particular insurance coverage, including co-pays, please check with your plan administrator.
Will my doctor still see patients hospitalized at St. Luke’s?
Yes. We believe patients have the right to choose where they receive care. Consequently, Mercy Pediatric Clinic providers maintain their privileges at St. Luke’s Hospital.
However, when it’s an emergency, your child deserves the best. Our pediatric hospitalists take care of babies and children who were admitted to Mercy after surgery, an emergency, or for any other reason. They work closely with Mercy Pediatric Clinic to ensure your child receives the best care possible when he or she needs to be hospitalized.
Where should I go if my child needs medical care after hours?
MercyCare’s walk-in Urgent Care is available evenings, weekends and most holidays in Cedar Rapids, Marion and North Liberty. No appointment is necessary. Plus, as Cedar Rapids’ only health provider with a single electronic medical record, your child’s health information and history will be available to your entire care team at Mercy – including your pediatrician, our four convenient Urgent Care locations and Mercy’s emergency department.
MercyCare Urgent Care Hours:
- Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Open most holidays: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Four convenient locations:
- MercyCare North: 5264 Council St. NE, Cedar Rapids
- MercyCare South: 2815 Edgewood Road SW, Cedar Rapids
- MercyCare Marion Urgent Care: 3701 Katz Drive, Marion
- MercyCare North Liberty Urgent Care: 1765 Lininger Lane, North Liberty
Can I access my child's information online?
Yes! You can sign up your children for MyChart, a secure, personalized and convenient tool to access and manage your personal health information. Your free MyChart account will allow you to:
- Request prescription refills
- Print immunization records for school
- Send a message or photo to your provider
- And more
Learn more about MyChart, sign up or request proxy access to your child's account today!
Government regulations require that your proxy access to your child’s MyChart account be limited once you child turns 12 years old. To accommodate the demand for this tool, patients 12 years old and older now have full access to their MyChart account, which they can share with you. This will allow them (and you) to stay connected to your healthcare provider at your convenience for non-emergent issues.