We encourage you to contact your insurance provider to understand your out-of-pocket costs. Common insurance providers are listed to the left with helpful contact information.
You must have three pieces of information ready when calling your insurance provider:
- The facilities you are considering for surgery, including the zip code that the service will be provided in (Mercy’s zip code is 52403).
- The CPT code (Current Procedural Terminology) of your procedure. You can obtain this information from your doctor. If using a Mercy surgeon, our staff can help get this code for you.
- Whether the surgery is inpatient or outpatient.
Mercy Medical Center can also help you understand the cost to you as the patient.
- Call (319) 369-4505, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete this form and our financial staff will assist you by providing an estimate of services.
- Please know the CPT code of your procedure (see above). If using a Mercy surgeon, our staff can help get this code for you.
- Allow 24 hours for us to obtain the information and respond to you.
Our staff will provide to you the estimated cost to you as the patient given the specifics of your coverage plan. Please note that these are only estimates and are subject to change without notice – this is true for any location you would have surgery. The actual cost of your procedure may be higher or lower based on factors specific to your case, such as your length of stay in the hospital and the complexity of your medical condition.
The estimates provided also reflect hospital charges only. They do not include physician or other provider fees that are billed separately from the hospital fees. You may receive bills from multiple physicians for their services including, but not limited to, your surgeon, anesthesiologist, hospitalist, pathologist, radiologist, cardiologist, emergency room physician, and other specialists who participate in your care.