John R. Brownell, MD
Areas of Interest
Adolescent medicine and sports medicine.
Year began practicing: 1998
Year joined staff: 1998
Education and Training
- United States Navy, Unrestricted Line Officer
- University of Iowa, Doctor of Medicine
- Cedar Rapids Medical Education Foundation, Family Medicine
American Academy of Family Physicians; Christian Medical and Dental Association
Honors, Awards, etc.
- 2016 Nominee for Patient Advocate Award, one of Mercy's Annual Provider Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa
American Board of Family Medicine
Spending time with family and friends, biking, church activities, cross country skiing, history, politics and running.