Matthew Smith, MD
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Matthew Smith, please call 319-398-6865
Areas of Interest
Minimally invasive robotic surgery of urinary tract malignancies (prostate, ureter, and kidney). Full spectrum of renal stone disease treatment, from intervention for acute stone episodes to metabolic evaluation for stone prevention. Complex urinary voiding complaints. Male urinary and sexual health.
Education and Training
- University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Michigan Hospitals, Doctor of Medicine, Urology
- American Urologic Association
- The Reed M Nesbit Urologic Society
Honors, Awards, etc.
- 2018 Winner for Patient Advocate Award
- 2018 Nominee for Mentor/Educator Award
- 2017 nominee for Mentor/Educator Award, one of Mercy's Annual Provider Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Michigan
- Joint Service Commendation Medal
- Navy Commendation Medal
- Certified Diplomate, American Board of Urology
Dr. Smith and his wife, Claire, keep quite busy with their four children; as well as his extended family, which consists of 6 siblings and 15 nieces and nephews. Dr. Smith is a Navy veteran and has traveled extensively throughout this country, Europe and the Middle East. He and his wife are looking forward to exploring the Midwest and all it has to offer.