Samuel Wood, MD
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Samuel Wood, please call 319-363-8303
Areas of Interest
Lung cancer, GI malignancies, benign and malignant hematology
Year began practicing: 1996
Year joined staff: 2013
Year began practicing in specialty: 2002
Education and Training
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas, Doctor of Medicine
- Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Internal Medicine
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium at Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Hematology/Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society for Apheresis
Honors, Awards, etc.
2015 Patient Advocate Award Winner
Board certified in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Hematology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Coming Home to Mercy
Harold "Red" Drew, 59, had a swollen lymph node on his neck in June 2016. Two rounds of antibiotics later, it was still there and more had popped up. When his dentist raised concerns, Red decided it was time to switch physicians. Read more on page 12.
Positive Results Delivered
As Ericka Johnson’s excitement about the impending birth of her baby girl grew, so did her nagging cough. About two weeks from her delivery date, the North Liberty resident went to MercyCare North Liberty Urgent Care for some relief from her cough. Read more.