Silvia Alvarez, MD
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Silvia Alvarez, please call 319-221-8788
Areas of Interest
Asthma, COPD, Diffuse Lung Diseases, Pleural Diseases, Lung Cancer, Bronchoscopy, Endobronchial (airways) minimal invasive procedures, and EBUS (Endobronchial Ultrasound).
Education and Training
- San Carlos University of Guatemala School of Medicine, Guatemala, GT, Medicine Doctor and Surgeon
- New York Medical College, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York , NY, Internal Medicine
- New York Medical College, Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, NY, Pulmonary, Critical Care
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- Member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Guatemala
Honors, Awards, etc.
2022 Nominee for Colleague Award, one of Mercy's Annual Provider Awards
- Board Certified Internal Medicine
- BLS, ACLS Certified
- Board Certified Pulmonary Medicine
- Board Certified Critical Care Medicine
Playing the piano, reading, watching movies. Native Spanish speaker.