Sajida Ahad, MD, FACS
Accepting new patients.
Bariatric Surgery and
General and Minimally Invasive Surgery
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with Sajida Ahad, please call 319-398-6747
Areas of Interest
General, foregut and bariatric surgery, as well as gastrointestinal cancers.
Year began practicing: 1998
Year joined staff: 2000
Year began practicing in specialty: 2001
Education and Training
- Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan, MBBS
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, general surgery
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA, minimally invasive surgery and bariatric surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Surgery to Alimentary Tract (SSAT)
- American Society of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery (ASMBS)
- Society of Alimentary and Gastrointestinal Surgeons (SAGES)
Honors, Awards, etc.
- 2019 Nominee for Patient Advocate Award
- 2018 Nominee for Patient Advocate Award
- 2018 Nominee for Mentor/Educator Award, one of Mercy's Annual Provider Awards
Board certified in general surgery and fellowship-trained in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery
Family, cooking, traveling and gardening.
Mercy’s General Surgery Clinic is a collaborative initiative between Mercy Medical Center and UI Health Care, and comprised of University of Iowa surgical faculty members.