Breastfeeding? We’re here to help!
Breastfeeding is a natural, healthy and cost-effective option for feeding your baby. Studies have shown a variety of health benefits for both mother and baby, in addition to the special bonding time you can enjoy when nursing your baby.
Many couples have questions about breastfeeding. Join the Breastfeeding Group and ask advice, share stories and make new friends. A lactation consultant will answer questions. A scale also is available to weigh your baby.
- Meets every Wednesday in the Birthplace classroom (3rd floor) from 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Membership to group is free
- For more information, please call (319) 398-6561
The Breastfeeding Group is led by:
- Selma Alzheimer, RN, BSN, and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She has been a nurse for more than 42 years, at Mercy for 18 years and a lactation consultant for 12 years.
- Deanna Glass, a Medical Social Worker. She has been a Social Worker for 30 years and has been at Mercy for more than 15 years.
Mercy’s Lactation Consultants are also available 7 days/week to answer your breastfeeding questions – no matter how small! Please call us any time at (319) 398-6561.