Mercy ranked #1 in Iowa for
Overall Hospital Care
Mercy Medical Center has been recognized once again for its delivery of outstanding medical care, earning both state and national recognition in the CareChex® 2014 Quality Awards. The findings are based on research conducted by CareChex, a division of COMPARION, one of the nation's largest privately held healthcare information service companies.
CareChex recognizes Mercy as #1 in Iowa for Overall Hospital Care as well as Top 100 in the Nation and #1 in Linn Co. for Overall Medical Care.
Additionally, Mercy was recognized for medical excellence within the following quality measurement categories:
- Top 100 in Nation & #1 in Linn Co. for Cardiac Care
- #1 in Iowa for Heart Attack Treatment
- Top 100 in Nation & #1 in Linn Co. for Interventional Coronary Care
- Top 10% in Nation & #1 in Linn Co. for Neurological Care
- #1 in Linn Co. for Spinal Surgery
- #1 in Iowa for Major Orthopedic Surgery
- Top 100 in Nation & #1 in Linn Co. for Pneumonia Care
- Top 100 in Nation & #1 in Linn Co. for Pulmonary Care
“Mercy’s dedicated team of physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers consistently deliver outstanding care to our patients,” said Tim Charles, president and CEO at Mercy. “We are extremely proud to be recognized by CareChex; it reaffirms that we are delivering the very best outcomes for our patients.”
CareChex Quality Awards are presented to the nation’s leading hospitals in medical quality based on objective and comprehensive clinical data measuring critical areas of hospital quality.