Is It Dementia?
Schedule a consultation with a Mercy Center for Memory Health provider now. Choose a time that works for you.
As people age, there is often worry when a name or a word can’t be remembered or car keys are misplaced. People wonder if it is the beginning of dementia.
Dementia is an umbrella term for a variety of changing cognitive abilities.
Symptoms may include:
- Forgetting recently learned information
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty driving to a familiar location
- Confusion about the time of day
- Difficulty reading, judging distance, or determining color or contrast
- Difficulty following or initiating a conversation
- Placing items in odd places; accusing other of stealing or losing ability to retrace steps
- Frequently making poor decisions
- Paying less attention to own physical appearance
- No longer initiating activities once enjoyed
- Rapid mood swings